WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is a practice of energy healing that’s been around since the mid-1800’s. In fact, in 1922, Reiki was rediscovered by a Japanese-born monk by the name of Dr. Usui. Reiki is an intelligent, universal life force energy that is designed to flow perfectly through each of the 7 main Chakras, helping to bring clarity and deep-seated comfort to the mind, body and spirit, and allowing stress and anxieties to be grounded.
Reiki Energy helps in all aspects of your life – mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
A Reiki session will help you feel connected to your higher power and the heavens. ❤️
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR REIKI SESSION:
Our one-on-one Reiki session will begin with a friendly and open consultation where you can choose to share as much or as little about what brought you into the session as you like. I strongly believe in setting an intention or goal that you would like to achieve. Bringing up the thoughts, stressors and emotions consuming one’s mind before the start of a session will allow all the energies and channels to be as clear as possible. I will then place my palms in several places on your body to channel and transfer this universal energy to you, which will help to relax you and promote healing and well-being. This sensation can be described as a relaxing and pleasant radiant glow flowing through the body. Through using both hands-on and hands-off positions, I will help direct the flow of Reiki energy through each Chakra to remove blockages and allow the body to find balance. I will also use crystals in our session to magnify the benefits.
Some people report feeling waves of heat, chills or tingling, or seeing lights or shapes. And because Reiki’s positive energy can help to open up and clear many blockages which can be very emotional – some people might even laugh, cry, or become sleepy.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR REIKI SESSION:
– Use the washroom before and after the session to keep yourself as clear as possible.
– Try to avoid caffeine consumption in the 5 hours before your session.
– In order to be optimally clear and experience the session as deeply as possible, it is best to avoid using cannabis, alcohol and consuming meat for at least 3 days prior to your session.
– Try to consume more fresh fruits and vegetables before and after your session.
– If possible, take at least 15-20 minutes before your session to check in with yourself and reflect on your thoughts, emotions and physical state, and take note of how you are feeling.
– Focus on your breathing, and try to set an intention for what you would like to get out of the session (you can discuss with me if you need guidance).
– Drink water to keep hydrated before and after your session, but avoid eating a large meal prior, as this can distract you during the session – and focus is key.
– Dress comfortably so you can remain focused on the session.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR REIKI SESSION:
– Use the restroom.
– Drink plenty of water. – Try to avoid returning to work or doing anything that requires a lot of effort right after your session, so you can better experience the benefits of the session.
– It is best to avoid TV and social media that day/evening.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO FEEL AFTER YOUR REIKI SESSION:
– Since it is normal to feel many different emotions after your Reiki session, you may feel motivated or calm, clearer, or more optimistic.
– You may experience more vivid dreams following your session. Take notes on what occurs in your dreams, because dreams are a window into your subconscious and can help to guide the direction of your next Reiki session. – Try to just be with your thoughts, and uphold that connection to your body