WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is a practice of energy healing that’s been around since the mid-1800’s. In fact, in 1922, Reiki was rediscovered by a Japanese-born monk by the name of Dr. Usui. Reiki is an intelligent, universal life force energy that is designed to flow perfectly through each of the 7 main Chakras, helping to bring clarity and deep-seated comfort to the mind, body and spirit, and allowing stress and anxieties to be grounded.
Reiki Energy helps in all aspects of your life – mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
A Reiki session will help you feel connected to your higher power and the heavens.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR REIKI SESSION:
Our one-on-one Reiki session will begin with a friendly and open consultation where you can choose to share as much or as little about what brought you into the session as you like. I strongly believe in setting an intention or goal that you would like to achieve. Bringing up the thoughts, stressors and emotions consuming one’s mind before the start of a session will allow all the energies and channels to be as clear as possible.
I will then place my palms in several places on your body to channel and transfer this universal energy to you, which will help to relax you and promote healing and well-being. This sensation can be described as a relaxing and pleasant radiant glow flowing through the body. Through using both hands-on and hands-off positions, I will help direct the flow of Reiki energy through each Chakra to remove blockages and allow the body to find balance. I will also use crystals in our session to magnify the benefits.
Some people report feeling waves of heat, chills or tingling, or seeing lights or shapes. And because Reiki’s positive energy can help to open up and clear many blockages which can be very emotional – some people might even laugh, cry, or become sleepy.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR REIKI SESSION:
- Use the washroom before and after the session to keep yourself as clear as possible.
- Try to avoid caffeine consumption in the 5 hours before your session.
- In order to be optimally clear and experience the session as deeply as possible, it is best to avoid using cannabis, alcohol and consuming meat for at least 3 days prior to your session.
- Try to consume more fresh fruits and vegetables before and after your session.
- If possible, take at least 15-20 minutes before your session to check in with yourself and reflect on your thoughts, emotions and physical state, and take note of how you are feeling.
- Focus on your breathing, and try to set an intention for what you would like to get out of the session (you can discuss with me if you need guidance).
- Drink water to keep hydrated before and after your session, but avoid eating a large meal prior, as this can distract you during the session – and focus is key.
- Dress comfortably so you can remain focused on the session.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR REIKI SESSION:
- Use the restroom.
- Drink plenty of water. – Try to avoid returning to work or doing anything that requires a lot of effort right after your session, so you can better experience the benefits of the session.
- It is best to avoid TV and social media that day/evening.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO FEEL AFTER YOUR REIKI SESSION:
- Since it is normal to feel many different emotions after your Reiki session, you may feel motivated or calm, clearer, or more optimistic.
- You may experience more vivid dreams following your session. Take notes on what occurs in your dreams, because dreams are a window into your subconscious and can help to guide the direction of your next Reiki session.
- Try to just be with your thoughts, and uphold that connection to your body!
Benefits of Traditional Reiki
Produces mind and body relaxation.
Eliminates tension and stress from the mind.
Speeds up the body’s self-healing capabilities.
Aids in better sleep.
Reduces blood pressure and blood sugar along with other lifestyle illnesses.
Helps relieve discomfort.
Works well for elimination of addictions.
Assists the body in washing away toxins.
Removes energy blockages and brings your body into harmony and balance.
Increases vitality and postpones aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
The information you provide during a private session, course, workshop or electronic communication is of the utmost importance. It will remain strictly confidential and will not be shared with any other parties.
YES please! Always drain your bladder before and after energy work, this helps the body to remain more clear.
This I leave up to you. I would say that your watch, cell phone and/or pager should be off of and away from your body. If you prefer to keep your earrings and light jewelry on, that is not a problem.
Utilizing the consent form (found here) which you will have filled out before your appointment, Julie will work with you to set an intention for your session. Julie will work different techniques to create a flow of positive energy to help remove blockages and allow the body to be in a more balanced, happy, grateful and positive state.
Sessions are $170 for 90 minutes or $220 for 2 hours. Group rates are available as well, $450 for 90 minutes for up to 8 people ($50 for each additional person). Group sessions will take place in the clients own space.
You must be at least 18 years of age to book a session with Julie Hinton-Green.
As a courtesy and to avoid being charged 50% of your session fee, please reschedule or cancel at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. Session fees are forfeited when cancelled with less than a 24 hour period before the scheduled start time or if the client does not show up for their scheduled appointment. A partial 50% refund, less transaction fees will be extended if a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the scheduled session time.
All sessions begin at the scheduled time. If Julie Hinton-Green does not hear from you within 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, that session and payment are forfeited.
Julie Hinton-Green accepts credit cards and PayPal. All prices are in Canadian Dollars and will have 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) added.
All downloadable meditations, journeys, and online courses are 100% non-refundable.
There is no refund of full payments or deposits made for courses or workshops, but the amount paid may be used within the year towards a future service or course. The total amount paid is transferable to a friend or family member. This policy is applicable if Julie Hinton-Green requires rescheduling the class or the client needs to cancel for any reason.
There is no refund of payments made for events, such as meditation gatherings. The payment is not transferable to another event. Full payments are made to reserve your seat for the particular event. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your seat to a friend for the particular event.
You may book your appointment using my online booking system. Full payment is required to reserve your date and time. You will receive a confirmation email once your session has been secured.
Please arrive to your session in comfortable clothes that are not restricting in any way. You want to feel as though your energy can flow.
What are Chakras?
When the body is perfectly balanced the 7 Chakras give you exactly the right amount of energy in each area. In this day and age there are so many variables that could throw you off. A few examples include pollution, the environment, work, home life, spouse, kids, death, having a baby, any type of stress, sickness and so on.
Since everything in the Universe is made of energy it makes sense that the human body needs to be balanced in energy itself. The strong suggestion would be to balance your Chakras at least 4 times a year, coordinating with each different season as it changes. It’s like house keeping for your body.
Pricing and Booking Information
90 minute session – $170